I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Day 11 - Onwards to Chenonceaux

It was our longest drive in France from the gite to Chenonceaux and we set off just after 10am to arrive mid afternoon. We'd had the thunderstorms overnight and the sky still looked a bit threatening as we set off so we kept the roof up on the car. As we headed further North the skies got brighter an just after Poitiers we stopped for a drink and put the roof down for the rest of the journey. It was still quite hot at around 25 degrees but much cooler that of late.

I managed to get onto the A85 just before Tours but heading in the wrong direction. At the first direction came off the motorway to turn around but managed to get on the completely wrong road. Turned around again to go back to where I'd turned around before but this time got the right road in the right direction. We had made good time up to that point so managed to arrive at Chenonceaux at the time expected.

Had a quick was and change then set out to get information about the chateaux. It looked to be packed with people so decided to go in the morning as soon as it opened at 9am. We decided to go for a walk down the river instead and found a track that went to the river a little below the Chateau grounds. We walked for a while and then turned around and part of the way back took a different route next to the train track.

After the walk we sat in the hotel gardens for a while and then went to change for dinner. Back in the hotel gardens for dinner we had quite a nice meal but the service was a bit slow and we were servers by many different people, which we don't like. Took a few photos, posting them separately.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment