I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Saturday 27 August 2011

Day 12 - Chenonceaux and Loches

Got up bright and early to get to the chateau for 9am. They hadn't opened the gates when we got there and there was a couple of dozen people waiting to get in. We decided to go straight to the chateau first and have a look around inside before it became too crowded. The rooms were beautiful with lots of tapestries on the walls. Many of the ceilings were very ornate with carvings and paintwork with one ceiling a complete painting.

It soon became crowded inside but I managed to get some photos of the gallery with no-one at all in it. We found some of the people very disrespectful of the place making lots of noise, eating and using flash on their cameras even though an announcement in several languages not to use flash.

They were doing some work on the outside of the chateau with scaffolding on one corner of the building. They had put a cover over the scaffold which looked just like the chateau beneath.

We walked through the gardens for a while and then to the old farm adjacent to the chateau where they were growing lots of flowers and vegetables. The flowers were beautiful and there weeds me very strange vegetables including giant pumpkins. I remember when I came here with Emma one year I took a photo of her sitting on one of the giant pumpkins.

After the visit to the chateau we were going to visit the troglodyte caves near Loches, but when we got to Loches the weather was so good and the town was so nice we decided to just look around the town. We had a lovely, very cheap, meal at one of the restaurants and then walked up the hill to see the old castle and the dungeons.

We were a bit tired from walking so went back to the hotel for a rest. Because we'd had a good meal at lunchtime we just had a snack in the bar at the hotel in the evening.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment