I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 2 - Honfleur to Vitre

It rained for most of the night but in the morning it was a bit brighter as predicted. Here is a photo out of our bedroom window before we went down for breakfast.




After breakfast we went down to Honfleur for a walk around the harbour and shops. We didn't take our coats so when it started to rain we got a bit wet. It was just showers so we ignored it although everyone else were wearing big jackets and hoods. Took quite a few photos with my DSLR but forgot to take any with my little camera until we were heading back to the car in the car park. So this is Honfleur from the car park.




We set off to Vitre and although a bit drier that yesterday we still went through some heavy showers. We arrived around 2:30 and went straight to the hotel which is right in the centre of the town along the road from the station. The lady in the hotel was very jolly and had a whole speech in broken English about the beautiful park, two castles, the station and some big park and golf course just outside the town.

We unloaded the bags and then went for a walk starting at the suggested park, which was as described very beautiful. The pond was a bit green but there were lots of ducks, three black swans and an island with flower beds. Around the park were lots of big trees and more very pretty flower beds. Also there were some odd buildings, some birds in cages and a statue of some historic woman. Here's a view across the pond.




We walked back into the town centre and had a drink of water at a cafe and then went on to look at the chateau. Apparently it is going to be lit up just tonight but we're not sure why, so we might go back later and take some more photos.




We've popped back to the room for a rest and a drink (Pernod and Sprite, interesting combination). Here's a view out of the bedroom window. A bit different from Honfleur, but never mind.





The hotel has no restaurant so we're out on the town tonight to see what we can find. Were at this hotel for two nights but we're going to Rennes tomorrow morning and then se what else we can find in the afternoon.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment