I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 3 - Rennes and Chateau Roche

After breakfast we went to Rennes, which is a city we've wanted to visit for a few years but never managed to get there for one reason or another. We had seen some information about lots of wooden frame buildings around a Market square which looked as though it could be interesting. We arrived not long after 10am to find the tourist information office was closed, but it should have been open from the information on the door. The whole city was quiet and almost all the shops were closed so we decided it must be some public holiday and maybe the office would open at 11am instead.

We had a wander around and saw a couple of drunks having a fight, some wooden frame buildings and lots of closed shops. At 11am went back to the tourist information and got a city map with a suggested tour to walk. Some of it was where we had already been so we picked it up a little way along. We went past some splendid government buildings and arrived a a wonderful park with lots of flower beds, trees, a bandstand and a couple of fountains (one of which was broken).






After the part walked some more of the city but it didn't live up to what we were expecting so we left to go to the other chateau at Vitre. This was a few kilometres outside the town next to some woods and a golf course. We had to join a guided tour which only gave us a view of a tiny chapel and two rooms in a tower of the chateau because the owners lived in the rest of it. The tour guide didn't seem to like us because Lynne laughed when she was demonstrating a chair that turned into a kneeling pew in the chapel and Lynne said she'd broken it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment