I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Days 9 & 10 - Mostly at the gite

The last couple of days at the gite we have been resting because of the heat and getting ready to start the journey back to England. On Monday we went for a bit of a walk around Villefranche-de-Lonchat and then to the supermarket to get the last few provisions for the next couple of days. In the afternoon sat around the pool for a while, then it rained a bit and then it got really hot again so we hid inside.

On Tuesday we went to a place where there was an old water mill, a barge ride and a deer farm. We arrived late morning but the first barge ride wasn't until 13:30 and the water mill didn't open until 14:00. Had a walk around and couldn't find any sign of the deer at all. Went back to the gite and got things packed for coming home.

The temperature on Tuesday had cooled a little so was looking to get a better nights sleep because it has been too hot for the last few nights. The temperature has only been dropping to about 25 degrees whereas on Tuesday night it was predicted to drop below 20 degrees. The temperature was lower but we had thunderstorms all night so still not a great nights sleep.

Wednesday we set off for Chenonceaux for a couple of nights so looking forward to that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment