I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 4 - Vitre to Noirt

We left the hotel in Vitre this morning and it was very sunny and hot from the moment we left at just before 10am. We started off by heading towards Rennes and there was a bank of clouds in the distance, but then we turned South and there were no clouds in that direction. It just got hotter and hotter as we travelled further South.

We made good time although there had been an accident on the Nantes ring road and some road works a bit further on. We arrived just outside Noirt before 1pm and we needed fuel, so we stopped off at a little place called Benet. There was a supermarket where we bought petrol, some tonic water for the gin that we'd bought on the ferry and some apples. Across the road from the supermarket we bought a sandwich to have for lunch.

We looked at the map and there was a little place called Coulon next to the river which looked like a good place to have lunch. We stopped at a car park which was next to two restaurants and a local produce Market. There were lots of camper vans there too and lots of people having picnics so we guessed we'd be OK. We left the car park and headed to a little lane next to the river which was opposite the main town. There were lots of restaurants that were full of people and there were lots of boats on the river.

The path we were on ran out after a while so we turned back and crossed the river on a little footbridge. We walked to a place where we'd seen picnic tables when we were on the other side of the river and sat down for lunch. We were very hot but fortunately we'd found a place in the shade which gave us chance to cool down a bit.

After lunch we walked down the river a little way and saw lots of nice houses and what looked a bit like seaside huts that people must use at the weekends.







Now we're at the hotel and having a rest before dinner. It's my birthday tomorrow but it's the first night at the gite so we're having another early birthday meal tonight. I don't think we have a wifi connection at the gite so there could be a break in connections, but when I do get another connection I'll catch up. Here's the view out from our hotel balcony.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment