I decided to create a new blog for my holidays this year to keep things separate from my main blog. I'm going to try an post regularly while on holiday but it will depend on when I can get a wifi connection on my iPad. I'm going to be using my Kodak Playsport to take the pics and then do some basic processing on the Camera+ app. I've found that I'm not able to edit the blog using the normal editor for Blogger within Safari (it crashes when I try to publish) to I'm going to use BlogPress instead. One thing I need to edit after the initial posting is the photo size as it creates them at the small size by default and I prefer them a bit bigger.

After a bit more testing I've abandoned Camera+ because it keeps crashing when I try to save my edited photos so now I'm using PhotoForge2 which seems a lot better and has a lot more editing options. I've also found that when I add photos to the post in BlogPress that I can resize them within the editor so that makes things a lot simpler.

Posting the photos separately as the slow connection is causing BlogPress to time out I think.

Monday 15 August 2011

Evening 2, Morning 3 in Vitre

We went to a creperie called L'arlequin last night and it wasn't good. We ordered our starter and main, received our starter and then after a long wait the waitress brought the sweet menu. "Where's our main?" we asked, and thought "there goes any tip". The food was very salty as well so not impressed.

Went to watch the lights on the chateau but more disappointment. One light shining down from the tower. It was about 9pm and there was about two or three dozen sat around watching the chateau.




Waited for ages and they turned on the lights under the bridge.




We heard singing from the cathedral and headed towards it in time to see some people marching with candles in what looked like paper cones. The highlight was when an old lady who was stood outside the cathedral managed to set her cone on fire too. Ooops.




We went back to the chateau and waited around a bit longer and by now there was a bit of a crowd. After a while people started leaving and so did we. On the way out of the square in front of the chateau we spotted a sign that said the lights would turn on at 23hr and 23:30hr. Wish we'd seen that sooner, we wouldn't have wasted our time.




There was signs of breaks in the cloud cover on the horizon so we were hopeful of better weather in the morning. At 7am the church bells began to chime so I looked out of the window to see the full moon over the rooftops opposite.




Went back to bed for an hour and then looked out again to see sunshine and a few light clouds. Looking good for a much better day today

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment